In this post, I’ll teach you how to enable Airplay on your LG Smart TV in under 10 minutes.
When you’re done, you’ll be able to send photos, videos, music tracks, and other files from your Apple device to your LG TV with ease.
Which LG Smart TV Models are Compatible with Airplay?
Most LG Smart TVs manufactured in 2016 and later are Apple Airplay compatible.
With that said, your TV will need an Apple TV 4k or 4th generation to support the Airplay feature, which is only available in later models.
You won’t be able to reflect screens until you have this connection. Some older televisions will not operate with it.
LG Smart TV Models That Support AirPlay
|WebOS 4.0||B8, C8, E8, W8, Z8||UK Series, SK Series|
|WebOS 4.5||B9, C9, E9, W9, Z9||UM Series, SM Series|
|WebOS 5.0||BX, CX, GX, ZX, RX, WX||UN Series, NANA Series|
How to Enable AirPlay on LG Smart TV
Apple lets customers link their devices to Smart TVs using the AirPlay app. You can use this app to cast to computers, mobile devices, and smart televisions (including LG). This makes it simple to transfer content from one device to another.
A quick step-by-step guide is provided below to assist Apple users in configuring their devices for LG Smart TVs.
1. Connect your LG TV to Wi-Fi
The first step is to connect your LG TV to the same Wi-Fi network that your phone or tablet is using.
- Click the gear button on your LG remote to access your home menu bar.
- Locate and select the Network icon.
- Pick the same WiFi network settings as your smartphone.
- Click the Connect button.
2. Set up the AirPlay App on your LG TV.
Now that everything is connected to the same Wi-Fi network, installing the AirPlay app on your LG TV is the next step. Here’s how to do it:
- On your LG TV remote control, press the Home button.
- On the home dashboard, look for the AirPlay icon.
- Before obtaining an authentication code, toggle AirPlay to “On.”
NOTE: You can skip this step next time or choose a password to make logging in easier and protect your information.
3. Get the onscreen code from your device.
Enter the code so you can connect the devices and start sharing content.
- Open up your iPhone or iPad.
- Swipe the screen down and a settings menu will drop down.
- Click Mirror Screen. Newer iOS versions include Airplay; no external software is needed.
- Your LG TV should appear under Screen Mirroring on your Apple smartphone.
- Once you find it, select your LG TV name.
- When prompted, enter the TV’s airplay code into your phone’s menu.
Now that everything is connected, you shouldn’t have to go through this process again!
And if you’re looking to use AirPlay from your Mac device, the process is extremely similar.
Instead, you’ll need to click the AirPlay icon on your Mac menu bar and then go through the same steps to connect the devices.
RELATED POST: How To Watch Peacock On LG Smart TV [3 Easiest Ways]
AirPlay Not Working on LG TV? Try these quick fixes!
If you’re having issues installing or using AirPlay on your LG TV, here are a few solutions that should help you.
- Check your internet connection on a different device
- Make sure the Apple device and LG TV are both logged into the same WiFi network.
- Reconnect after restarting your LG TV and iOS device.
- Update your LG Smart TV and Apple device.
- Verify that AirPlay is activated.
We also have a dedicated article to help you fix AirPlay 2 on your LG TV if it’s not working properly.
Hi, I’m Samuel Park. I’ve worked in tech for over 12 years, and I founded TechMaestro to help you with your tech issues. Hope you find the site helpful 🙂