In this post, I’ll teach you how to connect Bluetooth headphones to your Vizio Smart TV in under 5 minutes.
When you’re done, you’ll be able to listen to your favorite shows or movies using your bluetooth headphones, speaker, or other device.
Does Your Vizio TV Have Bluetooth?
Most newer Vizio TVs have Bluetooth technology pre-installed when you purchase the television. To check this, you want to click the Settings icon on your remote control, and in the next menu, you’ll see “Bluetooth Headphones” if your television natively supports wireless connections. Unfortunately, if that sub-menu isn’t there, your Vizio TV does not support Bluetooth.
Yes, My Vizio TV Has Bluetooth
If your Vizio TV supports Bluetooth functionality, setting it up is fairly easy.
- Turn on your Vizio TV and Bluetooth device.
- Set the Bluetooth device into “Pairing Mode” — this process will depend on the specific device.
- On your Vizio TV, go to Settings > Bluetooth Headphones and select the device you’re looking to pair with.
- If you don’t see your device, check the “Other Devices” section.
No, My Vizio TV Doesn’t Have Bluetooth
If your Vizio TV doesn’t have Bluetooth available, you’ll need an external device to gain the functionality.
At this point, check your TV’s manual and settings to ensure it doesn’t have Bluetooth.
Now that you’ve double-checked, it’s time to purchase a quality Bluetooth transmitter for your television.
Why Use A Bluetooth Transmitter?
A Bluetooth transmitter is an external device that allows you to connect a Bluetooth device to your Vizio TV.
Make sure the transmitter you purchase supports a connection your Vizio TV has, such as the following:
- A 3.5mm auxiliary cord connection
- RCA outputs
- Digital optical audio outputs From here, knowing how to connect Bluetooth headphones to Vizio Smart TVs is easy.
As long as the transmitter and your Vizio TV have one of those connections in common, you’ll be good to go.
How To Setup A Bluetooth Transmitter For Your Vizio TV
Setting up a Bluetooth transmitter for your Vizio TV is going to vary depending on the device (and television) you have.
Here are the basic steps to set it up:
- Power off all devices — the television, a transmitter, and the Bluetooth headphones or speaker.
- Connect the transmitter to the television, then power both of them on.
- Turn your Bluetooth device on, and set it to pairing mode.
- Pair the transmitter to the Bluetooth headphones or speaker.
Remember to follow the transmitter’s manual for the best results since each transmitter works differently.
The manual will include step-by-step and troubleshooting instructions to help you with any questions.
Setting up a Bluetooth connection on your Vizio TV is a relatively straightforward process.
If your television has Bluetooth, follow the simple steps we shared earlier in this article.
If it doesn’t, you’ll most likely need to purchase a Bluetooth adapter to make the connection work.
Either way, there is an option for everybody to make a Bluetooth connection work regardless of your television model.
Hi, I’m Samuel Park. I’ve worked in tech for over 12 years, and I founded TechMaestro to help you with your tech issues. Hope you find the site helpful 🙂